Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Are Those......(GASP).....WRINKLES???!!!!

It's a sad day when your soon-to-be-11 year old 'artiste' draws you with wrinkles!!! Even wrinkles on your neck!!!!! R whipped out this picture today after I had completed our read aloud for our Bible lesson. I asked her, "Are those wrinkles on my neck?" Her reply, "Yes. I like for my drawings to portray the person as they really are. The book I'm reading about Monet has inspired me."

The mirror tells me I'm looking older, but my heart is still young...and my mind is, most days. I now fully understand what my mom meant when she said (I was about 10 at the time), "My mind is young, but my body is not."

The laugh lines are evidence that I smile - and laugh - a lot! That's a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I've never noticed the wrinkles..only the smile! (but, you have a real artist on your hands..what a great job!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laugh lines are totally worth it! They are sure better than frown lines...
    I'm amazed at some of the things my body won't do anymore. My mind says it SHOULD do those things...!

    ReplyDelete