Monday, September 7, 2009

Our Sunday Worship in Gaborone

I was a 'tourist' this past Sunday at our church here - Open Baptist Church. I had my camera in hand, ready to record the kids singing for the parents (2nd clip), and was hopeful that we'd sing a song in Setswana. We usually sing at least one song every Sunday in Setswana. I was not disappointed! Here is a small video clip of a song in Setswana. No, I don't know exactly what we were singing! But I do know we were singing about praising the Lord! That's all that matters! (Listen out for the African 'shrills' you hear being made during the song.)





This is the clip of the kids singing for the parents. All those beautiful smiling faces!

We are blessed to have found Open Baptist Church - almost like our church back at home - the style of teaching, praise and worship songs, friendly congregation. And, since 39 or so nations are represented within our congregation - this is a little taste of what heaven will be like!


1 comment:

  1. How fun! This is an experience your children will never forget...talk about the ultimate in homeschooling! Thanks for the videos..my kids loved them (so did I!) See y'all very soon!

    ReplyDelete