Monday, March 15, 2010

Mail Call!!!!

We only get mail once a week ---maybe twice from time-to-time. When the mail comes in - it's like 'Mail Call' for the military. We LOVE it when it's mail day. That's when our orders from the US arrive. We (I) order frequently from Amazon.com and LandsEnd.com. (I take full advantage of their free shipping offers.) One of my South African friends here is becoming a fan of Lands End, too.

We also love it when we get cards and letters from family and friends (HINT, HINT). Best of all, is when my mom sends us care packages! Today was a great mail day. Not only did we get our latest Netflix movies (Lady and The Tramp; Star Wars #3...the Siths), but we also received a ginormous care package from my mom, dad, sister and brother-in-law. Opening the box was like unwrapping a great big hug! The girls received Easter baskets with lots of craft goodies. Included in the box were packages of Velveeta Shells 'n Cheese, Jiffy corn muffin mix and CHOCOLATE. Comforts of home! (As an added hug, my mom drew smiley faces, the words 'Yum', and 'Luv You' on the muffin boxes.) My mom is the best!

Thanks Mom, Dad, Sis and Bro-in-law. We are so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Aww! What a great mom!
    What kinds of things do miss getting besides the ones you just mentioned?
    Can you email me your address? We had it, but I misplaced it. The girls would love to send your girls something.

    ReplyDelete