Sunday, March 20, 2011

What's for Dinner??

Those who know me, know that I'm a planner and a list maker! As I plan out the upcoming week's meals, I usually write them on a sticky-note (and keep it in my daily planner) or use a 3x5 note card. UNTIL.........I discovered this nifty (and pre-printed!) creation! Those in the US have probably seen these for quite a while. This is probably nothing new for you. But for little ol' me living over here in Africa - this discovery was quite exciting!!!! It's the simple things. I just ♥ how there's a shopping list right there with the planner! (The size of this page is about 6"x8", comes on a tear-off pad that attaches to your fridge with a magnet.) This is a single page that my dear friend Heather shared with me. She got the pad from the $-bin at Michael's.
Since we don't have a Michael's here, or anything remotely resembling a Michael's, I started the hunt online for something comparable. Amazing what you can find at your fingertips, and have delivered to you half a world away (from the US)!

Here's what I found online. Just ♥ this. I found this at www.scribblesnsuch.com. What a great website for stationery. This menu planner is 81/2" x 11". I like to have lots of room to write. AND, the shopping list is perforated!!! The pad comes with 2 magnets to attach to the pad if you'd like. (Yes, those are the reading glasses I wear almost all the time now when doing anything involving writing, reading or working on the computer. You can't tell by the pic, but they're red and black (with polka dots on the temples).)


And for the very pleasant surprise when I received my menu planner - a handwritten thank you note by one of the company owners!



I like surprises. I'll definitely be a repeat customer to Scribbles n Such.

2 comments:

  1. FUN! I think I'll go shopping.. :D

    Looking forward to your return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my kids were growing up I had one of those that was done by a Christian author (can't remember her name) who wrote a book on raising kids/homemaking/etc. for Christian women. It was a great help to me & I used it a lot.

    ReplyDelete