Saturday, July 25, 2009

Crafty Girls

We are blessed to have two precious daughters that can occupy themselves for hours and hours doing crafts! Their Grandma from NC sent them each a kit to make a 'knot a blanket'. The kits came with the squares and frayed edges already cut. All they had to do was tie the knots. Our eldest (being a firstborn, perfectionist, and orderly) opted for an 'organized' design. Our other daughter hasn't finished hers....yet...she has two more rows to go. We're gonna have to work on the 'art' of completing a task before starting with another.



Another artsy thing the girls have really liked is the Perler Fuse Beads kits. I never heard of these until our friends here (from South Africa) introduced us to these. We recently placed a big order together from JoAnn's. These are sooooo easy for the kids to do - and it gives them an opportunity to put their creativity to work. I'm thinking one of the girls will come up with the idea to make some coasters for me.







2 comments:

  1. What a great job! I love the knot quilt...and will have to look into the geo thingys. I think K3 would love those.

    Here's my writing curriculum :

    We use the Institute for Excellence in Writing
    http://www.excellenceinwriting.com/

    I haven't been as diligent as I needed to be, but this year is go-time.

    It's a little pricey, but...you can use it from 2nd grade through high school.

    Love your post..miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are the cutest. Miss you all a ton!

    ReplyDelete