Sunday, February 15, 2009

Girls in Gabs


This is a picture taken of the girls (posing!) in the wall cut-out, which is in the wall between the foyer and living room. Too cute not to take a picture. They say it is comfortable to sit there...for short periods of time. I just tell them not to fall on their head when they climb out!







Our school room is also our office. Very handy to have the computer where you 'do school'...at least it is for us anyway. We had the same set up back at home. Our 'stuff' hasn't arrived yet....but we're told it is on a ship headed our way! (We expect to have the shipment delivered around mid-April.) So, we don't have our school table and chairs yet...so the girls like the relaxed environment of laying on the floor or sitting in the recliner. It doesn't do much for the handwriting portion of their lessons...but that's OK for now. :-) We have a HUGE...I mean HUGE map of the world on one of the school room walls. The previous occupants of the house put up the map. The map makes our geography lessons so much more fun!!! In the pic - R is pointing to Gabs. Should have had B point to NC. Yep, that's quite a distance between NC and Gabs. That's why I'm SOOOO thankful for technology!

We went to church for the first time today since leaving NC. I've really missed the fellowship with other believers. Going to church today was so wonderful. I was so excited to be singing with my fellow brothers and sisters-in-Christ. (Even when some of the songs were in Setswana!) The church is called Open Baptist Church. The pastor teaches the Word of God and doesn't 'water it down'. Today's teaching was from Isaiah 6:1-8...the passage where Isaiah sees the Lord and says "Woe is me!!! I am a man of unclean lips".....and God says "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"....and Isaiah says "Here am I. Send me." This is one of my favorite passages. Many years ago - when I was in my early teens I guess, I was scared to death the Lord would one day send me to some strange, faraway place.......LIKE AFRICA!!!!!!! Well, here I am in Africa - and am not scared. I am at perfect peace. This is where the Lord has our family. I just want to be shining for Him, sharing His love and compassion with the people of Botswana.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome map! Your girls look like they're lovin' it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure miss those precious girls! Give them a hug from R and M!

    ReplyDelete