Saturday, January 30, 2010

Homemade "Coach"


As I was watching our girls play together this morning, I saw them in a different way. Hard to describe, but I'll try. Even though I'm very sentimental and love to reminisce about the days when they were babies and toddlers - I see before me two young ladies that are growing up too fast for my liking. Sometimes I wish I could keep them 'little' forever. Ever feel that way about your children? Selfish of me, I know. But seeing them playing together warms my heart. They pretend, dress up (mostly B), make crafts, play on the Wii, perform shows, play with their American Girl dolls..... We are so blessed that they get along so well with one another. They do have their squabbles - but that's usually when they've had too much 'together' time and need some alone time. It's bittersweet - they love to be together, but they also need time for themselves.

This is a "coach" made by R. She cut out "windows" and put crowns on the side....then punched holes and attached yarn from which to be pulled. They take turns pulling one another around. Here's something to make you chuckle --- yesterday I heard R say to B, "If you pull me around, it will help make your arms stronger."

Imaginations are wonderful. That is what being a child is all about.

2 comments:

  1. Great imaginations your girls have! They are just precious. I know what you mean. It's hard to see them grow up. Our daughter is graduating from high school this year and going off to college. Part of me wishes she was still little when I could pick out her clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand your sentiments.
    SO thankful my girls love to play together, too. It's music to my ears.

    ReplyDelete